How To Do Crunches At Home
Abdominal crunches are a classic core exercise for defining the abdominal muscles. Typically performed while lying face-up on the floor with your knees bent also help improving your posture and allowing you to lift and rotate your body more effectively. Get detailed instructions on how to do crunches at home.
You can also check Squat Variations Types of Squat Exercises Exercises to lose belly fat
Crunches help to easily burn your stomach fat and if you follow crunches with proper diet and other exercise (because crunches work on only front and sides muscles of your abdomen so it’s important to work with all the muscles to get more defined abs) you will see the effective results.This is time for you to include crunching exercises to your daily life routine.
- Start by lying down flat on the floor mat with your knees bent and your feet touching the ground. Alternatively, you can also lift your legs off the floor at a 90-degree angle.
- Place your hands just behind your head or keep them crossed on your chest.
- Lift your upper body off the floor.(Lift your shoulders and upper back away from the floor towards the ceiling).
- Inhale as you back down original position, and exhale as you come up.
- For beginners 10 times each set would be enough, which would be increased day by day with the build of stamina.
Once you become familiar and get used to the regular crunches, there is the modify form of basic crunch to get more benefits.
- Lie down on the floor with your hands behind your head.Bend your knees as you follow in regular crunches, touching your feet on the floor.
- Put your knees and feet together and drop them to one side and then get into regular crunch position.
- Repeat 10 times.
This is same as the twist crunch exercise. The only difference is that you are turning to either direction and you alternate your side same position with your legs.
- Feet flat on the floor, have your hand behind your head, come up with your upper body and hit the obliques then turn the opposite side keeping the chin neutral, twisting elbow into the side so you stimulate the side obliques .The side crunch focuses on the muscles on your sides.
Now it’s time to do reverse crunches.It will reduce lower belly fat.
- Have your hands behind your head or under your lower back.Bring your legs up and try to lift your hips to press your toes towards the ceiling.Fold your legs at the knees and push them back to touch your chest.
Vertical Leg Crunch
- Lie flat on the floor, or on the mat, with your legs extended in the air.Make your legs almost completely straight, but don’t lock your knees and crossed over the other.
- Get into the regular crunches position, breathe in and lift your upper body from the floor towards the pelvis.
- Breathe out slowly. As you bring yourself down, breathe in again, and exhale as you go up.
- Do 12 to 15 reps and up to three sets.
How To Do Crunches At Home
- Lie on the floor and keep your hands either by your sides or behind your head.Lift both your legs off the ground and bend them at the knees so that your thighs are perpendicular to the ground, and your calves are parallel to the ground.
- Lift your head up and touch your right elbow to the left knee while pulling your knee up towards your head.
- Now take your right leg away and bring your left leg close to your chest.
- Keep doing this as if you are paddling a bicycle.
- Sit on the ball with your feet flat on the floor. Let the ball roll back slowly.
- Positioning it under the lower back. Place your arms behind your head.keeping your thighs parallel to the floor.slightly tuck your chin in toward your chest.
- Contract your abs and exhale as you raise your torso about 45 degrees. Pause, then lower, inhaling as you go.
- For better balance, spread your feet wider apart.