How to Make BBQ Jamaican Jerk Chicken on Grill
My husband has come home after a long 3 weeks business trip and I wanted to surprise him with his favorite dish. He loves “Jerk Chicken” and even on our every special events or family gatherings, I don’t forget to make this yummy dish. I always doing little things throughout to make him feel special and now these little things became part of my life. So, I decided to use chicken because I love how they handle all spices.
Jerk chicken is the most well-known Jamaican dish in which meats are marinated in a unique blend of herbs and spices at least four hours and can sit as long as overnight to make it tender, juicy, and tasty then cook up on your BBQ grill or oven. Commonly used with chicken, fish, shrimp, lamb and vegetable.So, today I tell you how to make BBQ jamaican jerk chicken on grill and here is the recipe,
- 2 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 4 large chicken legs with skin, rinsed, patted dry
- 2 Scotch bonnet chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tbsp of brown sugar ( BBQ sauce)
- Spicy barbecue sauce ( BBQ sauce)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp – Paprika
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice ( BBQ sauce)
- ¼ tsp five spice powder ( BBQ sauce)
- Brush the chicken with olive oil until they are coated evenly and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients together with grinding of black pepper.
- Apply the marination into the chicken pieces, Rub it well. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours, leave to marinate or, better still, overnight.
- To make the BBQ sauce place pineapple juice, barbecue sauce, sugar and five spice powder in a bowl then mix to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill on high heat, then lower the heat. You can also use oven for it. Place the chicken over the grill, cover it with a lid, grill until chicken is cooked through, about 35 to 45 minutes. Baste with BBQ sauce in last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the grill and serve.
- Serve this hot spicy, yummy dish with rice and sauce.
More Recipes : Grilled Jerk Chicken