Shami Kabab Recipe
Shami kabab is one of the best and well-known Indian and Pakistani cuisines. It can be presented as an appetizer with the main course. The aroma and sizzling sounds of frying leave the people amazed. Serving with mint chutney makes it more flavorful. Today this article guides you how to prepare shami kabab recipe at home.
Split chickpea lentils: 1 1/2 cup(s) soaked for 1/2 hour
Boneless mutton – 1kg
Chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
Chopped garlic –1 tbsp
Salt – 1 tbsp
Crushed dry red chilies – 1 tbsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Green Chilies –3 (chopped)
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Chopped onion – 1 medium size
Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
Black cardamom – 1
Green cardamom – 3
Black peppercorns – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon – 2″sticks
Cloves – 3
Bay Leaf – 1
2 cups of water
Ground spices – 1/2 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves – 3 to 4 tbsp
Chopped green onion leaves – 2 tbsp
Egg – 1
Oil – 5 tbsp for frying
- Combine all spices with boneless mutton and soaked lentils (except Chopped green onion leaves, chopped coriander leaves, and egg) in a pressure cooker with water and cook it up to 5-6 whistle.
- Open the lid and cook it on high flame till all the water has evaporated. Cool it off.
- Now take this cooked mixture in a chopper and chopped them few times so it is minced. Set aside for some time in the fridge if it gets sticky.
- Add chopped green onion leaves, chopped coriander leaves and egg in the minced mixture.
- Now take small portions in hands cup and shape it into small flattened kababs as shown in the picture.
- You can keep all of them in a refrigerator without frying and use days ahead.
- Shallow fry them till golden brown.
- Serve the delicious Shami Kababs with mint, tomato chutney, and lemon, onion twists.
- Serving: 15 medium shaped kababs with 1 kg mutton.
Read More :